Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Father's Day

So, maybe my holidays are not totally ruined.For Father's Day, my father brought the whole family to Sentosa.There,there was massive construction going on for The Resort's World which will be opening in 2010.It has the Universal Studios,Asia's largest marine park in which there could be a whale shark.I just cannot wait for it to open.One roller -coaster ride was completed and it actually appeared in National Geographic for the top ten most exhilarating rides ever built.The Resort's World actually takes up a quarter of Sentosa island.Well, besides this it is the normal Sentosa except for the Segway and Luge.The Segway is actually something like a skates-scooter but electronically controlled.It is not that easy as you have to lean forward for it to move forward and pull it to brake.The course is made up of several hairpin turns.I could clear those turns but I accelerated too much and the machine jumped and stalled while I fell down suffering a cut on my palm.For this simple ride I got hurt hence I expected more cuts and bruises in the luge ride.However,I came out without even the slightest of cuts.I zoomed down the track and cut the corners with out listening to the people on guards' advice.Then I went to the wax museum which was then renamed Images of Singapore.All the figures were life-like and there was set of Chinatown and other historic places.It was really as though that I was in the real place.Next I went to the Tiger Sky Tower. from 50 stories high I could see the whole of the Singapore skyline.The view was so breath-taking.Then I went to the 4D magix.It is a show in 3-D and there are special effects like when someone falls into the water you will be splashed with water.It was really amazing.Then,I went on a 3-d simulation ride like the one in Science Centre.At last I went to the Songs of the Sea.It a musical near the sea.i think the show was OK.The special effects was good but the storyline was horrible.Altogether that day was the best day of my holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment